Google made a promising entry into the smartphone market when it introduced its first phone to the world back in October 2016. The brand has made tremendous strides ever since as it launched a number of models with a wide variety of features that have helped it establish its name in the smartphone arena. As the world of technology braces itself for a much fiercer competition in times to come, Google has unveiled its own line-up of phones that are ready to take over the market. Here is a look at the features of these phones and their prices on various online shopping sites to determine which option is best suited for you.
Pixel 7 Pro
Release date: October 13, 2022
- With the operating system of Android 13, this phone has a sublime RAM of 12 GB and holds the storage of 128, 256 and 512 GB, which matches up to the memory of most laptops in use today. 7 Pro thus has a superior operational capacity compared to other Google phones and can be used for both personal and professional purposes.
- It has a battery power of 5000 mAH that can last up to over a day and has a USB type C charger . This battery can withstand multiple commands and operations for a longer duration of time which increases the dependability of this phone.
- Pro 7 has a 6.7 inch QHD + OLED display for the best quality multimedia entertainment and gaming experience. Furthermore, the phone naturally has 5G and WIFI connectivity.
- The Google phones have built a strong reputation for their top-quality camera features, and Pro 7 did not fail to carry forward this legacy. While the front camera has 10.8 megapixels, the rear cameras have 50 MP wide, 12 MP ultra-wide and 48 MP telephoto. Thanks to these features, the users can capture zoomed images with a higher clarity.
Best Buy: $749 (Down from $899, with a total savings of $150
Sam’s Club: Sam's club not selling pixel phones
Costco: Costco not selling Pixel phones.
Release date: October 13, 2022
- Also carrying the Android 13 version, Pixel 7 has a RAM of 8 GB with the options of 128 GB and 256 GB available for the taking. While it falls short when compared to its Pro model, this phone meets the demands of most users and can effortlessly carry out multiple functions with high speed.
- Pixel 7 has the battery capacity of 4355 mAH, which can nearly last up to a day. It also has a type C charger and as advertised, it can attain up to 50% of charging in just 30 minutes. It removes any fuss relating to low battery and slow charging, as it bridges the gap from both ends.
- With an AMOLED display of 6.3 inches, this phone also has the Gen 2 version of Google Tensor chip that creates a superlative visual resolution. Pixel 7 also has 5G connectivity and naturally also contains Bluetooth and WIFI features.
- Last but not the least, Pixel 7 also has a terrific camera range with a wide 50 MP rear camera and the ultra-wide angle going up to 12 MP. On the other hand, the front camera also has 10.8 MP, which makes the camera quality of this model match up to its Pro version.
Best Buy: $499.00 (Down from $599, you save $100)
Amazon: $549.00 ($50 savings)
Sam’s Club: Not available
Release date: July 21, 2022
- Unlike 7 and 7 Pro, this phone supports Android 12. However, it can be upgraded to Android 13 as well. 6a also has an above par storage of 128 GB with 6 GB RAM, which comes down from the capacity of series 7 models but is enough to simultaneously carry out all the basic functions with ease depending on the usage. It also has 5G and Wifi connectivity. In addition to this, it has the original version of the Google Tensor chip.
- Pixel 6a has a surprisingly higher battery power of 4410 mAH, which is considerably more than Pixel 7. With the reduced RAM power, this device is thus designed to withstand long functioning hours without being powered out or any unnecessary hassle of constantly putting it to charge.
- This model has an OLED display of 6.1 inches and a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. Even with a reduced screen size, Pixel 6a manages to give a good quality of resolution and a better visual experience in games and multimedia.
- On the camera front, this phone has a 12.2 MP on the main wide camera angle and 12 MP ultra-wide angle on the rear lens, and a total of 8 MP range on the front camera. While it may not match the 7 models, this phone has multiple camera features for photography purposes.
Amazon: $369.99 - $399.50
Best Buy: $349
Costco: Not available
Release date: October 28, 2021
- Just like 6a, Pixel 6 also contains Android 12 system and can be upgraded to 13. This phone has 8GB RAM and a storage ranging from 128 GB to 256 GB; which means that it has a faster function speed than 6a itself. It also has 5G connectivity along with Wifi and bluetooth options.
- It has a battery power of 4614 mAH, which is even higher than its advanced versions - Pixel 6a and 7. It also can achieve the speed of charging up to 50% in just 30 mins, thereby making it possible for customers to use their phones for hours without being worried about the battery running out.
- This model has an AMOLED display 1080 x 2400 pixels and its height goes up to 6.4 inches. While both the models have the same resolution, Pixel 6’s height exceeds that of its successor.
- The camera of Pixel 6 goes up to 50 MP on the wide angle and 12 MP on the ultra-wide angle. It can thus be considered among the best Google phones from this point of view, as it matches up to Pixel 7 pro itself.
Best Buy: $298.99
Costco: Not available