Since the past few decades, technology is making its way in all modern forms of lifestyle to make life easier and more convenient for the masses. The innovation seen in today’s camera has surpassed all expectations as it has made advanced levels of technology available for everyone, a technology that is also used for professional purposes. Among the many tech disruptions that have taken place in the world of cameras, the one caused by GoPro stands out from the rest. The company has made advanced photography and videography possible in adventure sports and other related activities, ultimately building a strong brand name for itself. Here are some details about the various models of GoPro Hero camera and the prices in which they are being sold at well-known shopping websites.
Hero 11 Black
Release date: September 14 2022
- Hero 11 Black is among the most advanced cameras of this brand available in the market today. Its photo resolution is 27 megapixels, whereas its max video bitrate goes up to 120 Mbps with 5k video resolution. The increased strength of its lens helps you capture images and videos in absolute clarity.
- GoPro’s durability is one of its biggest selling factors, and Hero 11 Black exceeds its expectations as it is built for rough-and-tough use with the heightened camera quality. This means that it can function and provide good image and video quality even when attached to a vehicle moving at a high speed; and accidentally dropping it on the floor won’t have any negative effect on it either. It is also water-proof and can withstand a depth of about 10 meters underwater.
- Compared to its predecessors, this camera has a much better battery life that ranges up to 1720 mAH, which increases its runtime by 40%. In addition to this, its lithium batteries improve the camera’s cold-weather performance in freezing temperatures up to 14 degree Fahrenheit.
- Hero 11 Black also comes with a microSD storage card with a total of 32 GB of memory.
Best Buy: $449.99
Hero 11 Black Creator Edition
Release date: September 14 2022
- GoPro has taken its game a notch further with the Creator Edition as it provides the perfect work partner for online content creators of today. It has a terrific video resolution of 5.3k, thereby surpassing Hero Black 11’s standards. On top of that, it also has 8x slo-mo as well as 2.7k and 24.7 MP frame grabs from video, which makes it the ultimate vlogging-filmmaking tool for users shooting videos in any terrain.
- It also has Hypersmooth 5.0 which contains an excellent in-camera video stabilizer to get the best footage even in rough conditions. It does not require any other special software to produce professional-level results in video quality, which benefits users while exploring adventure sports.
- It also has auto-boost which determines the level of video stabilization that is required based on your speed of movement for the best possible shots. Furthermore, it also has a built-in horizon lock and a battery that gives you a 4k/30 recording time for up to 4 hours.
Best Buy: $599.99
Hero 10 Black Bones
- One of the lightest GoPro cameras in existence, Hero 10 Black Bones is designed to bring the ultimate FPV (First Person View) drone experience to the users. It has a GP2 processor along with Hypersmooth 4.0 for stable capturing of images and videos.
- This camera can capture cinematic 5K 4:3 video at 30 frames per second, 4K 4:3 video at 60 frames per second and 2.7K 4:3 video at an extremely slow pace of 120 frames per second. It weighs only 42 grams and is perfectly suited for a 3” class and bigger drones.
- It is quite easy to be set-up and can be controlled by its two buttons, the Quick App, GoPro Labs QR Codes, GoPro’s The Remote or the drone’s transmitter.
Hero11 Black Mini
Release date: October 25, 2022
- As the name suggests, Hero 11 Black Mini is the smaller version of the original model which matches up to the latter’s performance despite the reduced size and weight. This includes its durability, as the camera has a tough outer layer that protects it from physical harm to a great extent.
- Its top-tier camera achieves the video quality of 5.3k at 60FPS and 24.7 MP of image resolution. Adding to this tremendous performance, Hero 11 Black Mini can also shoot a video at 8x slo-mo at a resounding resolution of 2.7k.
- Loaded with the elite Hypersmooth 5.0 stabilization software, this device has Auto Boost that determines the level of stabilization that is required for the shot based on the speed to yield best visual results. Its Horizon Lock can help you capture a stabilized shot even if the camera rotates at a complete 360 degree angle.
- Just like Hero 11 Black, its mini version is also waterproof up to 10 meters under water.
Best Buy: $ 349.99
Hero 10 Black
Release date: September 16, 2021
- Hero 10 Black has a top-quality video resolution of 5.3k, which equals its successors despite their advanced designs. It also has a GP2 processor that delivers high-speed frames with the image resolution that reaches up to 23 MP.
- Unlike the Hero 11 Black models, this camera has a Hypersmooth 4.0 software for better stability. While its counterparts have the advanced versions, Hero 10 Black has also been lauded for its stable image and video recording.
- It also has 8x slo-mo, and can resist water for up to 10 feet. Both these qualities are also found in its successive versions.
Best Buy: $399.99
Hero 9 Black
Release date: September 16, 2020
- Hero 9 Black is not far behind from its advanced models when it comes to picture and video quality. It offers a fabulous 5k video resolution and 20 MP photo resolution.
- It has a detachable lens in case of damage and Hypersmooth 3.0 software for camera stability, along with other features like 8x slo-mo, TimeWarp 3.0 and more.
- Naturally built for a rough-and-tough use, this model can also remain unaffected in water for up to the standard 10 meters. While a micro-SD card is required by this device, it is not included in the purchase and has to be bought separately.
Amazon: Currently unavailable
Best Buy: $299.99